[pct-l] Safety Info for the 2008 Campaign

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Dec 2 22:05:44 CST 2007

I got two books down at REI.  "Pocket Guide to Emergency First Aid"  and "
Pocket Guide to Outdoor Survival".  Both have a nice font and  information for
use.  I think it is important to have some safety info with  you along with
maps/permits, moon phases, etc.

The trouble is that together they weigh 139g or 4.9 ounces.  I figure  I can
copy them and put them in one plastic page protector for about 21g or .7
ounces.  One would be on one side and the other on the other side.

I have a very nice way to carry these in my waist pack.  I can just  pull
them out instantly just like I do my maps and put them back the same  way.

Just a thought for your cabin fever activities.

Safe Trails and Holidays, Switchback