[pct-l] Where are maps useful?

Eric Payne vaporjourney at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:54:31 CST 2007

I plan on buying the Johnathon Ley mapset for the Sierras, but was wondering
about other areas where a map would be very helpful.  I would like to just
print the maps from hikertrash.net instead of purchasing the guidebook set
to save some cash.   However, I don't want to print 50+ pieces of paper from
the hikertrash site to cover the entire trail.  So...I'm wondering if there
are a few problematic areas on the trail where a map would be very helpful.
I'm sure that most of the trail is straightforward and a map unnecessary,
but if there are some confusing areas, it would be nice to print out maps
for these specific sections.