[pct-l] New Trail Gear - Double Your Load for Less Effort

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 11:32:47 CST 2007

Couch-Refrig Yo-Yo Advocate Jim writes: Don't know  about some of those
Sierra stream crossings - it also looks like it would make a  good boat anchor
(will have to lash a raft to it - more weight, but what the  heck)... Have fun on
the snowy Sierra passes (substitute a ski for the wheel?) -  you could lash on
3 ice axes in preset positions so you would automatically  self-arrest when
you fall over - no matter in which direction ...
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Yes, you are right.  There  would have
to be modifications for the M.U.L.E (_www.themule.com/homepage.php_
(http://www.themule.com/homepage.php) ).   I think they would be easy and light to do.
Just a little imagination and  you are in business.  I think the wheel could be
of solid material, so no  flats.  A real mule would be too messy, etc.

I think when I get my M.U.L.E., I will fly a pirate flag from the top  when
on the PCT.  This way I am giving fair warning to other hikers that  boarding
and plundering are near at hand.  In trailtowns they would know  that sacking
and debauchery are imminent --- the Henry Morgan of the  Trail.

I thank you for your support and good wishes for this new era in  backpacking.

Switchback the Donkey