[pct-l] New Trail Gear - Double Your Load for Less Effort

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 13:57:50 CST 2007

_Tortoise_ (mailto:Tortoise at charter.net)  writes: You've told  us about this
before.  I'm waiting for you to give it a good field test  with say 40 KG of
gear -- say hike from Whitney Portal to the top of Mt. Whitney  and see how it
goes -- that is if you make it at all.
Switchback replies: Yes, but the new folks on this List probably have not
heard about it.  We old timers need to keep the youngsters informed.   Say, I
will not need a M.U.L.E. for Mt. Whitney after my knee surgery  Friday.  I will
probably just do a day hike up and back with a small  daypack.  No problem at
all.  The M.U.L.E. will be for some of the  senior folks on this List who need
mechanical assistance.  I wonder who I  am thinking about, .........Tortoise?