[pct-l] Water Proof Socks

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 15:29:34 CST 2007

I used them to fight my way out of Lyle Canyon in Yosemite NP in a large surprise snow storm.? This was about 4 years ago in May.

I was hiking in Bite hiking sandals and had no problems with them going through streams, etc.? But remember, I walked very quickly through the small ice cold streams on the trail.? No rivers, etc.

I had some socks on and then the outer water proof socks.? My feet kept warm, but I was only out on the trail for may be 2-3 hours before getting back to the backpacker's parking lot.? I noticed that the snow on the socks did not really make my feet?cold.? But then again, I was moving fast all the time to get the heck out of there.

My impression was that the "water proof socks" are mainly "water resistant".? I think if I was in continual water along the trail, they would not keep my feet ?completely?dry.?

Cheers, Switchback