[pct-l] Two hikers dead in avalance near Snoqualmie Pass

Bob BobandShell97 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 6 11:01:57 CST 2007

C,

On another list recently, there was a brief discussion of rescue insurance.
Out of curiosity, has any mention concerning cost of the rescue been made to
any of you who were just rescued?

To all: I fear I have not given enough thought to any potential cost of
rescue along the PCT.  One hears of hikers being airlifted out occasionally
including, two summers ago, a hiker right behind me in the upper Mission
Creek area.  I assume one pays for this help, either by direct request or by
grateful contribution.  Has anyone looked into the actual need for rescue
insurance or the actual finances involved with rescue along the length of
the PCT?   Different for different states, different volunteer rescue units?
Anyone learned the hard way?

Thanks, Dr Bob