[pct-l] bear protection

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 14:34:41 CST 2007

Actually "calculated risk" would be a better description for using the older cans after a brief test run...........

g l <gailpl2003 at yahoo.com> wrote: Well, I couldn't bring myself to unload a perfectly good (?) can of Counter Assault, but I will tell you this:  I gave the can a toot out my back door and the blast was (I'm assuming) as forceful and healthy as day one.  So there ya have it!  Now it may vary from can to can, but its seems pretty sturdy to me.  Also- I have had the trigger guard in place the whole 10 years, so that may have made a difference by preventing accidental mini- blasts......not sure.  So Bob, I'd say hang on to the old ones you have, and just give them a 1/2 second test before carrying them.  That won't be a guarantee in the field of course, but it should be a reasonably safe bet.

Wheeew

Bob <BobandShell97 at verizon.net> wrote:         v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                     > I have a can of "Counter Assault".  I purchased it about 10 years ago.

  Go spray that sucker somewhere, watching the wind direction.  Counter Assault only guarantees a shelf life of 4  years, with the propellant agent lessening thereafter.  Tell us if anything at all comes out after 10 years. I wanna know.  I’ve got a couple old ones sitting around (but not 10 years old).

  Dr Bob