[pct-l] NBs' and other lightweight shoes

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Sat Dec 15 03:10:28 CST 2007

Thanks JoAnn!! Nice to know someone else still advocates the personal
freedoms of HYOH. :) I actually like the security of lacing up my mid
height or full height boots and hitting the trail. Just something about
that feeling..... yanno what I mean? =)

I still advocate going as lightweight as one feels comfortable doing.
After all, who in their right mind wants to haul any more weight around
than they absolutely have to? But, there are those of us who must make
concessions on certain things, like backpacks, due to body problems- bad
backs, etc....or some of us aren't comfortable with camping out in
snowstorms and rainstorms with nothing but a tarp overhead, and must
needs take a tent along....some like down sleeping bags, some prefer
synthetic....some are happy with a 30F rated bag, some want a 0F rated
bag....everyone is different and we should celebrate the differences,
not have petty arguments over them!!! Viva La Difference!!!