[pct-l] Hiker Humor

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 17:57:18 CST 2007

I hate to challenge the #1 and #3 contenders, but the fact of the matter is that I most likely am the real winner in this cyber-contest.  When you figure that I only joined the list several months ago and still rank (no wise cracks) so high is admirable.  It is not my intention to demand a re-count based on that fact.  Instead I'll concede graciously in a "Gore-like" manner.  However, just like Al, "The Earth in Balance", Gore, everyone knows who the real winner is!!

I hope you two are appropriately grateful.

Wheeew-
The Number One Post-er Child

hiker97 at aol.com wrote: Unsupported writes: So true Switchback, so true... I had planned on going off list, but after being honored the third most sought after and read poster on the pct-l and the ground swell of support and encouragement I have received since that great honor was bestowed upon me, I can not just walk away from my fans and supporters and feel I must stay, at least for a little while, to show my appreciation, by enriching the list with my wisdom and bring some laughter to my supporters and our more serious members.
 Fully Supported Switchback replies: I know what you mean.  I was going to go off the PCT-L for a while too.  Take a well deserved break from the rigors and responsibilities of keeping hikers laughing.  But seeing a smile or a chuckle out of a backpacker is a real treat.  But there are some who consider this dribble off topic, etc., etc.  I respect them.  No problem.  They have every right to feel the way they do.  It is a free country, thank goodness.  That is what you and I fought for in the military --- their right to like and not like what they want.  Good for them expressing their freedoms and choices with the delete button and computer trash box.

 Say, I noticed your recent PCT-L posts have been more main stream.  I am proud of you.