[pct-l] water purification

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Sun Dec 16 16:35:46 CST 2007

Good afternoon, Last Cookie,

You are correct:  Without a filter's suction hose it is often difficult to
fill-up from small trickles.  For that purpose I use a little Jell-O Pudding
cup as a dipper.  It holds about ½ cup and weighs 60.1 grains which is 0.14
oz.  Anything similar should work.  I find it is well worth the trouble and
I used it numerous times this summer.  One cup lasted from Campo to Tahoe
where I discarded it for a new one.  It got smashed nearly flat several
times but I could always pop it back to a useable shape.  It can be seen on
my TrailJournal's photo list for May 26 '07 under the name of "Water
Gathering Technology".  http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

Steel-Eye