[pct-l] Digital Scale

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 17:51:07 CST 2007

Just a "heads up".  I just bought a "Good Cook" digital scale at WalMart yesterday and tried it out today.  It seems to work really well.  It measures in either grams or lbs/ oz......whichever you want.  It also seems to have a user friendly tray that sits on top (removable).  The scale can be zero'd after you put the tray on and the tray is big enough to hold many small backpack items.  I found it in the kitchen section of the store, by the pots/ pans, manual (small) kitchen scales, etc.  It cost $28.33 and runs on a 9V battery.  (Included).  It measures in less than 1 oz increments, e.g. my photon light with cord weighs 3/8 oz while my Petzl E+LITE weighs between 7/8 oz and 1oz.  Close enough.  Maybe someone has already mentioned this scale.  I know there are probably better ones out there, but they might be cost- prohibitive.  This is a good compromise.  It doesn't say anywhere on the scale what the weight restrictions are, but it seems to read "error" code just above 5
 lbs........plenty high enough for any small items.

Enjoy, all you gram wienies!  (Guess I'm one too!  :-))

Wheeew