[pct-l] Digital Scale

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 18:55:47 CST 2007

Tortoise,
Thanks for the "heads up" on the battery issue.  I'll be sure and leave it out when not in use.  And glad to hear you've been satisfied with the scale.  I originally picked up a manual scale, never thinking there was a digital scale available in my price range.  But I decided to make a second sweep and found it by luck.  Yes, I like the fact that it can be zeroed at any given point, as well.......very handy!

Wheeew

Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net> wrote: I have one also which I got several years ago. It seems accurate enough.
I've weighed purchased items on it just to compare it to the commercial
weights.

I like using grams instead of pounds and ounces since the math is so much
easier.
Also I found that the battery goes dead quickly if you leave the battery
connected even though the scale is "off".
so I leave the battery connection outside the case and just connect up my
battery when needed.

another nice feature is that you can put an empty container on the scale
then by pushing on/tare reset the scale to zero so you can read how much
just the contents weigh.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>