[pct-l] Digital Scale

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 21:17:28 CST 2007

Greg-
I just researched this scale, and the website sez it weighs up to 52lbs.  Also, yes, it does weigh in grams too.  It is accurate to within .2 oz.  The scale itself weighs 5lbs.  It looks like a beauty.  Thanks for pointing it out.  One drawback:  shipping is another $11, plus the $29 cost of the scale.

Wheeew

Greg Kesselring <gkesselr at whidbey.com> wrote:        last spring I ordered this scale online:

DigiWeigh DW-36XP Postal Scale

 I believe I got it thru Amazon, but it actually came from one of their partners.

 It comes with an AC adapter, so you have to plug it in.  accurate to .1 ounce.  I believe it can also do grams, but I've never used that option (if indeed it has that option).  It will weigh up to 30 some pounds.

 I remember it costing around $30 or a little less.

 I've been happy with it.

 After I got it, I weighed all my gear and put the data into a spreadsheet. That was quite an eye opener, and very helpful when it comes to choosing what to take on a trip.

 Greg

 Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:                Wheeew writes: Close enough.  Maybe someone has already mentioned this scale.  I know there are probably better ones out there, but they might be cost- prohibitive.  This is a good compromise.  It doesn't say anywhere on the scale what the weight restrictions are, but it seems to read "error" code just above 5 lbs........plenty high enough for any small items.
   Switchback replies: FYI: You can go to Fry's and get other scales.  Mine weighs to the tenth of a gram or in grams.  The total capacity is just over 13 pounds.  Very nice.  But it cost bucks.

   By the way, I just used it about an hour agao to weigh my inside my tent foam floor.  It was 7.6 ounces.