[pct-l] PCT Perpetual Bear Canister Loan Program - Donations wanted

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 10:44:51 CST 2007

In 2007, 13 bear canisters were available for loan ('free' except for return shipping) to nobo PCT thru-hikers...
Looking to increase the bear canister 'inventory' for the 2008 season - and beyond...
More canister donations would be greatly appreciated...

Do you have a seldom used bear canister gathering dust in your basement/garage/closet that could be put to better
use every season to be loaned out to a nobo PCT thru-hiker?
If you would like to consider donating a bear canister to the program, please contact me via email -
(subject: PCT Bear Can donation) - <enyapjr at comcast.net> ...
I will explain the 'program' in further detail and answer any of your questions...

Thank you!  Happy holidays and...  Happy trails!!!

Jim Payne

"The longing to be primitive is a disease of culture."
George Santayana