[pct-l] Music/IPod/ Sirius Satellite Radio!

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Tue Dec 18 10:28:17 CST 2007

For those new to the list,

I'll chime in again with my plug for satellite radio-

I carry Sirius Satellite's portable player/recorder/MP3/WAV unit, The
Stiletto. I've got the first, 100 version. Sirius has a newer, lighter,
slimmer model out now.

I can pick up signal virtually anywhere that has a clear line of sight
to the sky. Live broadcasting, almost 200 channels, incredibly diverse
content (music, entertainment, news, NPR, weather, Howard Stern, sports
up the wazoo and more). You can store MP3/WAV files, record live
broadcasting, automatically store stations listened to for replay. I've
had mine for a year now and I've only used 25% of the Stiletto's memory.
I have a dock in my car and I get strong reception via land repeater
with the unit simply sitting on my desktop here at work. If you're
within a WiFi signal, it'll connect to that and stream over the
Internet.

I've subscribed to Sirius for three years now and I since then, I've
NEVER listened to regular "terrestrial" radio again.

I, also pack a Solio charger. Between the two batteries the Stiletto
ships with, I can get eight hours of satellite reception and (allegedly)
about twice as much memory replay (I've never played stored content
continually to exhaust both batteries).

For satellite reception where a repeater signal isn't available, you
need to attach the external headphone/antenna. If the unit has a clear
line of sight to the sky where the two satellites as "parked" overhead,
and you're not moving, the unit will get reception without the external
antenna (it has a weaker internal antenna). But for walking, you'll need
the external antenna. I've clipped off the (IMHO) worthless headphones
and trimmed down the attachment to just the antenna, which I Velcro to
the top of my pack and run the wire into the unit I carry in the hip
belt pocket of my pack.

Check out what Sirius has to offer at www.sirius.com
<http://www.sirius.com/> .

I love it!

-Oilcan

Michael Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE Studio, Inc. | Architecture
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.2700 | www.mve-studio.com <http://www.mve-studio.com/>

  <http://www.mve-studio.com/>