[pct-l] Mountain House Pro Pack Meals

Ollen Mullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Tue Dec 18 12:09:14 CST 2007

I had been planning to take MH Pro Pack meals along on my Sept 2008 Oregon
PCT section hike, as the primary hot meal at the end of the day.  I've read
more than one favorable review of these products, especially for the
lasagna, the stroganoff and the beef stew, and they're packaged to be
particularly compatible with the JetBoil Personal Cooking System (which I
also plan to take along).  But, at ~$6/meal, I was going to hold off a while
before buying them.

Earlier this fall, the HR dept at my employer, in a health, wellness and
awareness effort, offered a $100 gift card to anyone completing an online
health assessment.  So, I did the assessment and was notified this morning
that my $100 gift card was available.

Turns out REI.com is among the (many) sites from which one may choose to
redeem one's gift card.  So, I went to REI.com, considering perhaps ordering
the Pro Packs.  On the home page, they're promoting $20 off purchases of
$100 or more thru 12/24...

So, I ordered an assortment of 27 Pro Pack meals to cover my roughly 4-week
walk across Oregon.  My total out-of-pocket cost, (including 2nd day
expedited shipping, so they arrive before I visit family for the holidays):
$32.42!  That's one more piece of the puzzle out of the way!

Ollen Mullis
Venus, TX
PCT-OR 09/2008