[pct-l] Any Update on Closures?

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Thu Dec 20 15:09:13 CST 2007

I'm only aware of two small closures in So Cal, both of which have detours:

1. The PCT will remain closed from the 3N16/Holcomb Creek crossing on the
west side (approx. 2 miles northeast of Crab Flats), to 2N09 (Polique
Canyon Rd.) . Little Bear Springs trail camp is closed to public use, due
to Butler 2 Fire. The PCT detour is north on Road 2N09, then west on Road
3N16 to Holcomb Crossing. (Per SBNF website 11/7/07
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/conditions/.

2. Endangered Species Closure - In order to protect the mountain
yellow-legged frog, the PCT is closed between Eagles Roost (390.2) and
Burkhart Trail (393.8) Use the highway as a detour to Buckhorn Campground,
then use Burkhart Trail to rejoin PCT. (USFS website 9/16/07). Angeles
National Forest.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/documents/WilliamsonRockClosureOrder-Jan-01-2007.pdf
Closure order 1/1/07 thru 12/31/07. [But I would expect the closure will
continue after January 1 2008.]

AsABat
PCT Water Reports Southern California http://pct.4jeffrey.net