[pct-l] Pants...

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Dec 24 13:13:46 CST 2007

Alden Dale wrote:

> So- What kind of pants to people take that are a good compromise
> between weight and durablity? I am looking for the following features:
> - Cargo pockets in front
> - Preferably at least one zippered pocket
> - No built in belt- I like to take my own.

Take a look at what is offered by Sierra Trading Post.  I
have gotten several pairs of cargo-pocket nylon pants there
over the years, mostly made by Sportif, which are very light
and dry very quickly.  They have both pants and zip-off
versions, lots of pockets, and great prices.
Also, if you are of an average size, check your local thrift
stores.  We have scored a couple dozen pairs of really great
trail pants there.  Thrift stores are loaded with stuff in
size 32-34 mens and women's size 8-10-12, since most
Americans are now too big to wear them!
Marion