[pct-l] JMT resupply

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Dec 25 15:37:33 CST 2007

There are undoubtedly better and more affordable options.  Besides that,
Yosemite Valley is a place I wanted to run, screaming, away from.  It has
the single greatest concentration of clueless tourons ever assembled, and it
is a noisy, overcrowded place (IMHO).  It would be some kind of torture to
me to be stuck there in close proximity for more than 10 minutes.

Since you are coming out at VVR, she could stay near there probably cheaper.
VVR offers nearby camp grounds, cabins of various types, showers, laundry,
food, a store, phone, etc.  They charge for everything, which can add up,
but if she's thrifty it could be cheaper than $76 per day.  Maybe she could
even help out there (check with Jim once they start to set up for the
season).

Unlike Washington and Oregon, there aren't a lot of free camp grounds in
California.  So whether she tent camps, car camps, or you rent a camper,
there will still be costs involved. Many campsites need to be secured up to
a year in advance, so good thing you're asking now.

Good luck with the planning . . . looking forward to hearing other
suggestions that folks come up with.

L-Rod