[pct-l] Proper Trail Etiquette

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Dec 25 15:38:22 CST 2007

Wheeew writes: Ya know, on the AT when you do a thru, you say you're
"GA-ME" (Georgia to Maine).  So I find myself wondering......if I hike the  PCT from
Mexico to Canada, does that make me a "MexiCan"????
RustyKnees replies: That meany, Switchback, has gone back to planning his
historic Triple Crown hike in 2008 and is again off the PCT-L.  So, I will
answer your question.  Yes, a thru hiker that does the PCT can be called a
"MexiCan".  But only if he/she is NoBo.  If they go SoBo, then they  must be called
a "CanMexi".

Thank you for your interest in hiker lore and proper trail  etiquette.

Your friendly pal, RustyKnees

PS: That is pretty sharp of you to catch the Smother's Brothers tie  in.