[pct-l] ADZPCTKO

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Fri Dec 28 17:25:10 CST 2007

I actually have to say I agree with you here. Caches are emergency
sources of water, a nice thing to have, but not to be relied on as one's
sole source of water in the desert. To do so would be foolish indeed.
Plan carefully through the desert, rest during the heat of the day, and
hike during the cooler parts of the day, when the demands won't be so
high on your body, and water needs will be lessened too. Hikers get lazy
because they don't want to carry all that water weight thru the desert,
and while I don't blame them, it's part of the hike, and one must plan
and deal with that.

When you do come to a cache that does have water, take only what you
absolutely need to make it to your next water source, and don't leave
your trash, like so many do. The folks that are so kind to haul all that
water up to the trail for you don't need extra work hauling your garbage
back out. That's just plain rude and thankless. So, take it with
you...don't leave it for them. Be good to those who are so good to you.

Peace!
KG