[pct-l] Water Caches

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sat Dec 29 19:22:52 CST 2007

Also, Apache Spring is just 3 miles past Fobes Saddle if you skipped
Cedar Spring. But, IIRC, the Fobes cache was located a bit down the side
trail to minimize the visual impact to the PCT. Maybe this would be a
nice compromise between those who cache and use caches and those who
would rather not see them (instead seeing just a small sign pointing to
"water").

As noted, the caches also provide a link to the trail grapevine through
the informal registers there. It seems a fair number of the hikers I've
met are as interested in the social experience as the wilderness
experience.

AsABat