[pct-l] Water caches

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:19:09 CST 2007

There were no water caches in 1977. However, in this respect we probably had
it a bit easier than today's hikers. The trail was far from complete back
then, and much of the temporary route stayed lower and encountered more
water (cattle troughs/ponds and occasional faucets as well as natural
sources) than the current trail, which generally stays closer to the
ridgeline in SoCal.

I have no idea when the caches became prevalent. It does seem like they've
gotten out of hand.

Cheers,
Carl
1977 PCT Kelty Kid