[pct-l] Tehachapi/Mojave question.

The Mountain Goat themtgoat at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 13:28:45 CST 2007

Luckily there are about a half dozen hotels there. So we can take our choice.
And perhaps one will take an interest in the thru-hikers. Then we could
congregate more so at one place.

Yes, I know you can get picked up by the Taxi in Tehachapi, but I thought that
advantage was equaled out by the fact that Mojave you could walk to about
everything, and Tehachapi you could take a taxi everywhere or just spend the
whole day hiking back and forth across town, depending on how bad you wanted
 a zero day anyway...
-Mountain Goat-

Pea Hicks <phix at optigan.com> wrote:

i've been to both towns and i agree that mojave is a better choice
logistically for all the reasons you state... one thing i'd like to
point out though is that white's motel had new owners in 06 and by all
accounts they're a disaster... if you read some trailjournals from last
year, you'll get the idea... i stayed at the motel 6 instead...

girlscout

--
Pea Hicks
San Diego, CA