[pct-l] Bears

Slow Comfort slow.comfort at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:51:02 CST 2007

The bear canister issue reminds me of  hiking in Glacier Nat Pk.  I
first hiked Glacier 10 years ago and have done so every year since
then.  There are Griz there and those of you that have hiked the park
know about the precautions a hiker should employ in that type of bear
country.  I've hiked parts of the PCT where bears can be encountered
and naturally employ the same precautions I learned to employ at
Glacier and in Canada.  So, I thought I'd post this website
http://www.nps.gov/archive/glac/resources/bears.htm -  Lots of good
information from experts, that may answer questions for some.

Slow