[pct-l] Wanted: a website developer

Andrew Skurka askurka at comcast.net
Sun Feb 4 22:25:08 CST 2007

To any website developers out there (or, if you know one, please pass this
along to them):

I am looking for an individual to re-design my website,
www.AndrewSkurka.com, which I built myself with my relatively limited
design/coding abilities. The site is functional but it needs a cosmetic, and
perhaps a structural, upgrade. I know how I want the site to be structured,
but do not know quite as well what I want it to look like.

This could be a fun short-term project for someone who wants a little extra
cash.  The project could take on two scopes, and I won't know for sure which
scope I want until I talk with applicants and review their proposals. Here
are the options:

1- Cosmetic upgrade only. The developer would create a new "look and feel"
for the entire site. After agreeing to a design, the developer could either
pass along the assets (namely artwork) so I could build the site myself; or
they could then build the site in a similar way to how it's built now (PHP,
style sheets, header and footer files; no flash and no databases).

2- Cosmetic and structural upgrade. The developer would create a new look
and feel, and then overhaul the back-end, probably with a content database
-- something to make future content additions easier than hard-coding
everything, as is done now. A cookie-cutter back-end would be perfectly
satisfactory - I don't need a custom set-up, and this would help to keep the
cost down.  But it should stay fairly simple -- I need to be able to
understand it so I can make future changes on my own, and I have just a core
understanding of SQL and database coding.

I'd like to have the website entirely finished, at least from the
developer's perspective, by late-February.

COMPENSATION
I don't have a lot of money to throw at this project, but I will be fair.
For cosmetic upgrades, I think quotes should be between $100 and $500,
depending on time commitment, qualifications, and portfolio. For structural
upgrade, I'd like quotes to stay below $1,000.  In your proposal, account
for the fact that I will probably want to handle simple tasks like content
migration on my own, since I probably value my time less than what you do.
GoLite gear could possibly be part of the compensation.

YOUR PROPOSAL
If you are interested in working with me on this project, send me a proposal
via e-mail to askurka at comcast.net. Include: what you would do to the site,
what your quote is, links to other websites you've worked on, and anything
else you feel is important.

Thanks.

Andy

Andrew Skurka