[pct-l] San Jacinto Traverse - all set

AsABat asabat at cox.net
Mon Feb 5 15:12:52 CST 2007

You won't find the Cactus to Clouds Trail (aka Skyline Trail) on any official map. "They" want to discourage any tourist hiker from using it up or down because of it's rugged nature. The trail is also known as the "Outlaw Trail."

Because of the difficulty of this trail, the main website on Geocities I posted makes you read some safety info and pass a short quiz before you can access the rest of the site. The warning signs at the bottom are legend - "You can die" , etc.

There is an older gentleman named Cy who hikes that trail almost every week (!) and know the trail better than anyone. He can be found on the www.mtsanjacinto.info board, and loves leading hikers up the route. I met him at the trailhead at 2:30 a.m. last May and he was a pleasure to hike with.

AsABat