[pct-l] Nunatak USA Bag Report

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Wed Feb 7 13:57:23 CST 2007

Steel-Eye:  You're absolutely right!  It is Ensolite that I remember.  I was speaking to one of my daughters last night, and she straightened out my memory.  Both my girls had one, I did not.  I was quite happy with my Gerry Sleep System, comprised of a open-cell pad, that was enclosed in a form-fitting sack of nylon...basically stuff bag material.  To complete the 'system' my down sleeping bag came with a stuff bag that had a very wide side seam three big snaps evenly spaced along it.  They matched  up with the three snap holders on the top seam of the foam pad so they could be snapped together as a pad and pillow (so my pillow didn't get away in the night.  Clothing shoved into the stuff bag formed that pillow and come morning, the clothes came out, the pad was unsnapped, and rolled up and slipped into the sleeping bag stuff bag and then my sleeping bag was stuffed into the area in the middle of the bag.  It has always been easy to stuff that bag, because the foam pad gives some 'body' to the sack and doesn't fight back while I'm trying to get my bag into it.
Thanks For The Memory  (TFTM),
Georgi, TA
Old Station