[pct-l] Source for dried whole milk?

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Wed Feb 7 16:14:03 CST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Shane Kaser wrote:

> I can't find a local source of dried whole milk... do they even make
> this stuff? Obviously the extra fat content of whole milk would be
> preferable over the low-fat varieties that are all-too common. Anyone
> know where to get some?

I much preferred the Milkman brand of dehydrated milk that I came
across in Oregon. It is 'low-fat', not whole milk, but that made all
the difference.  I've never seen it anywhere else.  It was available
in your normal large supermarket.

It looks like REI sells it in individual packets:

http://tinyurl.com/2osgfj

And I found someone who says you can buy a case from the manufacturer:
> Anyway, looked up the distributor Familiar Foods, Industry,
> California, and from internet their phone at 626-336-2066. You can
> buy a whole case for 34.14. I did.

Gary Wright (Radar)