[pct-l] Huge Powerlines Crossing the PCT in San Diego County

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 08:41:52 CST 2007

I don't think I have ever seen a power line tower without a dirt maintenance
road below it.   I could believe that a helicopter may be used to bring in
the heavy metal.  I would guess though that this will only be done when a
flat bed cant make it in.  And when the towers are built "with helicopter",
I have a hard time imagining that the workers on the ground, with all their
tools, plans, etc. are hiking in 10 miles.  I am going to start looking
closely in my area to see if I can find a single tower without a dirt road
below it.  It might be, I just have not noticed.