[pct-l] Umbrella Holders and New Light Gear and Sleeping Under the Stars

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Feb 8 11:32:40 CST 2007

One: For a handsfree umbrella holder instructions go to PostHoler.com and my forum, Switchback Unchained.  It weighs less than one ounce plus a few Velcro straps to attach it to the pack shoulder strap.
Two: Some of you are talking about light bivy sacks that are now obsolete.  Go to MountainLaurelDesigns.com.  It will blow your mind the new standards in gear weights.  Lots of cool pictures with more products soon to be released.  I think their lightest bivy is just over 3 ounces.
Three: I would like to be a brave hiker and sleep cowboy style on the trail.  But I like a nice bug free, clean and organized shelter.  In other words, I want my bug netting and bath tub floor all around me for my security blanket.  I feel safer out there that way.  You do not want to scare you pal, Switchback, with too robust camping do you?

Thank you for your attention.

Switchback the Geararator