[pct-l] (no subject)

hikerguy599 at aol.com hikerguy599 at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 21:38:01 CST 2007

I live in Kirkland, Washington and have been considering doing a little PCT angeling.  But I'm a 1 1/2 hour drive from Stevens Pass and a 1 hour drive from Snoqualmie Pass.  I'm not sure at this point whether there's any regular public transportation from either pass into town, but if there is interest I'll find out.

I'd like some feedback from this community on whether having a free place to stay for a few days in the Seattle area is of any interest to thru-hikers so close to the finish.  I'm just a few miles from the Redmond REI and there is quick bus access from here to just about anywhere in the metropolitain area.

Indoor sleeping quarters are limited but I have a large covered patio that can be camped on for larger groups of hikers.  I imagine the "pack" will be smaller and pretty spread out towards the end here in Washington.

Trailfest is coming up and I've noticed a lot of banter on the PCT-L about the high cost of accomodations.  My house is a half-hour bus ride or drive to downtown Seattle.  I'm planning to go to Trailfest myself, so maybe some of you would be interested in staying here for the weekend. Free is a pretty good price, even if it is only a covered patio.  Consider it an early season chance to try out your gear.

Anyone interested or think there is a need for a trail angel here?

Mark Shank