[pct-l] Stoveless

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 23:08:15 CST 2007

Scott writes:

I quit  using  stove on summer hikes years ago. My 2000, 04, 06 PCT  hikes
were all done without a stove. This is for both weight and time  reasons.  I
won't deny that there have been times I really would liked to have  had  a stove
(sub freezing weather), but overall it has worked for  me,  however I realize
it is not for everyone.  Scott
I am going stoveless too.  At least I am going to try  it.  One reason is
that I am tired of looking at all the stove options and  fuels.  I just got worn
down thinking about it and decided to dump the  whole idea and save weight and
trouble.  Plus, there are so many cook  free choices now.  It is amazing the
variety you have now without  cooking.

And of course, doing this fits into my lazy maximum goof off hiking
philosophy.

Switchback, the Rachel Ray of  the Trail