[pct-l] Lt. Columbo style Yogi

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 21:24:31 CST 2007

Subject: Re: [pct-l] Lt. Columbo style Yogi

> montypct <montypct at gmail.com> wrote:This isn't what happened but it works
> like this:
>
> "Do you know that TV detective show............ Lieutenant Columbus?
> Lieutenant Columnrow?"
>
> "Oh, you mean Lieutenant Columbo."
>
> "That's it.  I never can remember that name.  Have you ever seen it?"
>
> "Yes."
>
> "It's on tonight and I have to get off the trail to watch it.  Do you know
> place I can walk to from here and find a TV?"
>
> "We have one right here.  You're welcome to watch it."
>
> "I couldn't come in your home smelling like this?  I haven't had a shower
> in
> four days.  Do you know where I could find a place to take a shower and do
> my laundry first?"
>
> "You can use our shower and do your laundry here."
>
> "You sure?  Can I set up my stove somewhere in your yard and cook my
> dinner
> too?"
>
> Probably gets dessert too.  I'm sure some or the trail angels on this list
> recognize it too well.
> (Of course not from me.)
>
> Warner Springs Monty
>
>> Squatch
>> www.walkpct.com
>

> What comes next:
>
> "You know, I've been without the company of a woman for six weeks while
> out on the trail."
>
> I can feel your pain.  My wife's free after doing the dishes.
>
> "Are you sure, I mean you won't mind?"
>
> Naw, I'm on the internet after dinner and the bedroom's that way.

I don't quite get it.  What does the wife doing dishes have to do with this
guy feeling pain and having to go to the bedroom to lay down?  Was he going
to soak his sore feet in the kitchen sink?  Was he going to check his
emails, but the computer was going to be busy so he went to bed?  He should
have Yogied the computer time before that guy got on.
I bet this is the type of thing a woman would understand better.  Maybe one
on the list could explain it to me better.
Please send photo.

Warner Springs Monty