[pct-l] hiking alone

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Sun Feb 11 14:10:35 CST 2007

I am a 59 yr old woman and I have no hiking buddies where I live. My husband hates when I hike alone and I've gotten myself in trouble a few times. I "met" Jim and Ginny Owens on this list. Her way of expressing the issue of a woman hiking alone is one I've never forgotten and expresses my feelings exactly. The following is kept in my 'theme' book of favorite sayings, quotes, etc.

"...there are times that the only way you can do something is alone - that waiting on the convenience of other's means that a lot opportunities will pass you by. For me it was a matter of if I don't go alone I don't go. And that wasn't acceptable."

are we there yet