[pct-l] Hiking in Rain Gear

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Feb 12 13:16:55 CST 2007

I've used frogg toggs, and no longer carry the pants because I hate how
they feel.  However, I found out in WAshington in June, 2005 that the
frogg togg jacket is not quite long enough to cover my waist - hence
water leached up and I got cold.

A silnylon poncho works for me - I can regulate how warm I am because
like others, I sweat profusely on even a moderate grade.  The frogg togg
jacket would be great if it were six inchs longer and covered my butt -
like the ski parkas from the 60s.  If I use the frogg togg pants again
I'll make shorts out of them.

Jeff, just Jeff...