[pct-l] Solio Charger

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 21:28:32 CST 2007

I just got the Solio charger and it  seems okay, but I have not used it on
the trail yet.  I am taking it on the  Grand Canyon expedition next week for my
IPod Nano.

It is kind of cute the way the pedals fold out.  The cute factor is
important on the trail.  We mountainmen backpackers like to look good out  there with
our gear.  You never know who you might run into.

Plus, can you imagine how you would  look walking into a trailtown saloon
with your Solio charger deployed on your  pack.  All the town babes would
immediately be over asking you questions  and making admiring comments.  "Wow, I
think it is so responsible of you to  be so green."  "You must be a sensitive and
caring person to carry one of  those."  "I could listen to you all night talk
about global warming and  glacier melt." "That is some charger you are
carrying.  Well, you know what  I mean.  Tee, hee, hee."  "Say, I am a gourmet
organic cook.   Would you like to come over to my place for a homemade meal?"

Yes, in the finest tradition of the  hard core backpacker, you want your gear
to be multi-functional, including your  solar charger.

Your pal, Switchback the  Charger