[pct-l] Batteries

Max Mitchell maxmitchelljr at msn.com
Tue Feb 13 08:47:50 CST 2007

I think Energizer Lithium batteries are the way to. 1) They weight 1/3 of alkaline 2) They do last 3 times or more, so you use less of them 3)  Cold temperature does not effect them. I know that some people think rechargeable batteries and a solar charger is the way to go but. 1) Rechargeable batteries have a short life. 2) When the batteries get to the point when they will not hole a charge they is no warning. 3) Even the best solar cells are only about 14% efficiency 3) Cold temperature will effect the batteries output.

Max