[pct-l] grade math

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Feb 13 14:16:10 CST 2007

The average gradiant limits established by the PCT architects are not in effect along the Official Detour in Washington.  The climb up Little Giant exceeds the average limits by a significant margin.  It was a goat track in late August when I went through, but the views were simply spectacular.  The detour has received a lot of bad press, but make no mistake the climbs up Boulder and Little Giant are well worth the trip!  No doubt, I will return to Northern Washington to do the old official PCT route in the future, but I was glad to have the chance to do the detour.

Jeff

From: "Steve Courtway" <scourtway at bpa-arch.com>