[pct-l] Glacier Peak Detour math grade

Jeff Moorehead jeffmoorehead1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 13 15:56:35 CST 2007

Here, here! This was truly a challenge. I hit the start of the Little Giant
Trail at sunset in a rainy fog, thinking I would be able to camp somewhere
soon along the route. Bad decision. As Elevator stated, this was perhaps the
most non-'PCT-like' portion of the journey (although offcially it isn't the
PCT). The trail grade approaches 20%-- the grade of the trail is about a C-
(barely passing) in terms of condition. I'd do it again though.
Whiptail.