[pct-l] Swimming holes along the trail

Acu4harmony at aol.com Acu4harmony at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 23:28:14 CST 2007

There are more chances than one would think, even in the south  unfortunately
efforts have to be made to completely immerse oneself and as  others have
noted the water temperature is usually on the cold side (less than  50 degrees
much of the time) For a true PCT swimming experience I recommend the  highest
altitude possible swim on the PCT in the small tarn at the foot of  the headwall
on the south side of forester pass. Another favorite (and cold  one) is
'usually frozen' (according to the guide book) mica lake in the glacier  peak
wilderness. If one is desperate to stay clean or cool when on the trail  (such as I
am) there are places to 'swim', although again, the water temps will  tend to
keep them short! I have many personal favorite swimming holes on the  PCT,
but I'm not giving them up. The magic is in locating them!  Scott