[pct-l] Temperature Ranges Temp Buttons

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 09:56:27 CST 2007

Bill,

I would agree with Adam on this.  When Patch provided us with the I-Buttons he requested our anticipated start dates and programmed the I-Buttons to start several days before to ensure that we had accurate readings from the start.  I believe Patch indicated that the buttons would hold 5 months worth of data so it is likely that the readings may include off-trail days both at the start and end of our hikes.

I am also in the process of mapping out the specific locations with the aid of my trail journal.  I will say that the Button readings were quite accurate on the low-end.  The coldest night I spent was the night before Mather Pass at 11,000 feet.  I recall this was on June 16th and we literally made camp on a small rock outcropping sticking out out from the vast fields of snow.  No way to secure our tents so the Three Amigos cowboy camped and spent one very cold night on the trail!

I see alot of inconsistencies on the high end of the readings though.  While I had some days in excess of 100 degrees, I don't think the 150 degree readings were realistic :).

I will share more on this data mapping in the next several weeks when I have it done.

Elevator

From: Adam Bradley <tooloouk79852 at yahoo.com>