[pct-l] Swimming holes along the trail

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Thu Feb 15 16:59:23 CST 2007

Spirit
Don't know how close to the trail you live. but if it's anywhere to the West of the Sierra, I suggest you consider the number of rain/snow days you've had this year compared to 'normal'.  If you're thru-hiking...unless there's a lot more precipitation in the mountains before May, by the time you reach the northern Sierra, and a good portion of the southern Cascades, you might find some of the smaller 'holes' not as appetizing as you might in a year with a larger snowpack.  If I'm correct, I guess it would depend on how desperate you were at the time, or how clean you thought that particilar hole was going to help you get.
Snowmelt dependant holes dry up very fast if there ain't no snow.
Georgi,
Old Station