[pct-l] 7 day hike

The Mountain Goat themtgoat at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 23:48:48 CST 2007

That is a fairly wide open question. The answer would have to be based on how many miles you would like (or think reasonable) to do a day.

Hwy 50 to Hwy 80 is about 3 days at a Thru hikers pace, but closer to 7 at a leisurely pace. I really like going from Hwy 108 (Sonora Pass) to Hwy 88, that was about 4 days. If you wanted to go about Thru hiker pace, you could go from Hwy 108 to Hwy 80 in about 7 days, without any days off, but
that depends on how masochistic you are.

Hm, That is starting to sound fun.....Hwy 108 to 88. This is about 71 miles.
Hwy 88 to Hwy 80 about 80 miles.
total = 151 miles. about 25 miles a day....6 days of hiking, with 1 day off.
works for me...

STOP it!, No more planning Mt Goat. Youll just want to do the whole thing by the time you get to hwy 80....

-Mountain Goat-

Denise Kelly      djk1852 at sbcglobal.net
     Sun Feb 18 17:45:37 CST 2007

I want to hike for 7 days this summer.  I have never hiked
the PCT.  I live in Sacramento Ca.  What section of the trail
 would work best for a hike of this length.  Thanks