[pct-l] yet another Mt Hood incident

Jeff Moorehead jeffmoorehead1 at cox.net
Mon Feb 19 15:56:37 CST 2007

Again we have another incident where some experienced mountaineers challenge
this mountain on their self-proclaimed qualifications, yet end up owing
their survival to a brave and dedicated group of rescuers who are willing to
put their lives on the line for the safety others. I'm not sure what to
think of these 'experienced' climbers. Do they not check the storm
listings?! Incidents like these will contribute to additional regulations
and financial requirements to ensure these rescue missions can take place
when they are needed. Hats off to the recue team-- yet again.
Whiptail