[pct-l] Flip-flop

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 17:19:35 CST 2007

I am a slightly different take on this...  While I would agree that you should definitely be further north than KM by early July, I do not believe you need to be somewhere near the Oregon border in order to finish by September.  Last year, I didn't leave Lake Tahoe until July 10th and I reached Canada on September 6th.

I might suggest pushing past KM and on to Lake Tahoe if possible before existing the trail to attend to your son's wedding if possible.  That way, you could return to the trail in Lake Tahoe and continue on north from there.  This will depend upon your speed, your timeframe for reaching KM and the amount of snow you encounter in the Sierra, but many hikers reach Lake Tahoe by early July in normal snow years.

Elevator

From: "William Skaggs" <weskaggs at primate.ucdavis.edu>