[pct-l] Cookpot size/volume

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Thu Feb 22 00:01:35 CST 2007

When preparing dehydrated foods such as Ramen I'll usually cook 2 pkgs at a
time. Instead of using the 2 cups of water as suggested, I only use 1.5
cups. It makes the ramen less soupy, requires less time cook and uses less
space in the pot. I use a 1.2 liter Evernew with a fair amount of room to
spare.

As a test, determine what you want to cook. Think you might eat 2 pkgs of
'whatever' on the trail instead of 1? Cook some for dinner at home. See how
it works for you.

Scott

What size cookpot is recommended for the PCT?  I have a 0.9 liter pot that
has worked well for weekend backpacking trips, but I'm wondering if it's
going to be big enough to feed my hunger on the PCT.
<<<<