[pct-l] 20 deg bags High Sierra

Jim Lynch jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri Feb 23 20:18:24 CST 2007

Hi,
     I'm going on a long (for me) backpacking trip in the backcountry of
Yosemite NP this coming August.  I've needed a new bag for a long time so
decided to spring for one for this trip.  The trip leader suggests a 20
degree bag just in case of some cold nights.
   I've settled on a few choices, but would like some feedback.  I'm also
interested in a combination pad/bag-quilt that I thought GoLite sold some
time ago, but can't find it on their web site and can't find anything like
that in a quick search.

  Interesting that most of the web sites don't really give much information
about their bag.  WM seems to be the exception.

   Thanks for any suggestions, experiences, feedback.

Western Moutaineerng Ponderosa MF, semi-rec, 6' 6" long, inside girth,
shoulder/hip/foot: 67"/64"/48", 2 lbs 11 oz total weight, 29 oz 850+ down
fill, 67" shoulder girth

Marmot Sawtooth, their web site doesn't give much info, the regular size
weighs 2 lbs 14 oz, and has 22 oz of 600 down.

Marmot Trestles, regular size: 3 lbs 8 oz, Polarguard fill.

GoLite Doze Bag,  regular size, 2 lbs, 11 oz, 600 down fill (doesn't say how
much on the web site)

Jim