[pct-l] Snow

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Mon Feb 26 09:38:34 CST 2007

Joann, et al,
Well, I've just wakened up to our 5th straight day of snow.  Yesterday it probably came down really well for about 15 hours, and if we could take away the few hours of sunshine we've had over the last few days, that did some melting, I'd guess that we're at roughly the three foot mark.  For those readers who have been to our place, if you noticed the split rail fence around the lawn by the driveway, only the top most part of the top rail is showing and NOAA sez there's more to come. It's 'sposed to start to taper off by tomorrow.  I don't know if you (Joann), were as worried about the dry winter we'd had til now as I was, but as an old song sez, '...my fears depart....'  Now, if I can just make it to Fall River Mills, 45 miles away, over a dicey mountain for an appointment this afternoon....
Hywy 44 to Susanville was closed by 3:30 yesterday afternoon, really notorious for it's high winds and whiteouts during winter storms.  Glad FRM isn't that direction.  Well, anyway, I'm getting my wish, not so worried about a lack of water along the trail as I was.   But I do remember New Year's Eve of '97, I think, we got a Pineapple Express storm with rains to over 7000 feet that melted everything in sight, washed out creeks, changed streambeds all over the valley.
Thanks, folks, if you were helping me with prayers...you did good!
Georgi,
Old Station