[pct-l] Mexico Passports and Passport Stamps

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Mon Feb 26 19:34:33 CST 2007

A while back someone asked me if you could get your passport stamped at the
Tijuana boarder crossing.  They wanted it for a sort of collectable to mark
their southern terminus.  I can not remember who asked the question.  I had
said next time I crossed the border, I would ask.

I crossed over this afternoon and asked.  Passports will not be required
until the end of this year though they can be used as a valid ID now.  They
do not stamp the passports nor do they have a stamp if they were asked for
it.

There is still a picture sitting on a burro that is painted like a zebra
while wearing a sombrero!  The classic Tijuana photo.

I hope that helps.

Bill B